Seashells is a stunning detached holiday cottage in a wonderful location in Filey at The Bay holiday village .
With use of an indoor heated swimming pool, sauna and gym as part of the holiday rental, access to a long sandy beach, meadows, lakes, pub, cafe and pharmacy at your doorstep, there's everything you need for your perfect holiday.
Around the Area!
Seashells gives you easy access to the historic town of Filey, Filey Brigg, the RSPBA at Bempton Cliffs. The seaside towns of Scarborough, Bridlington and Whitby, the Yorkshire Wolds and the famous North Yorkshire Moors railway is only a short drive away.
Alongside all the fantastic activities The Bay has to offer, there are a some amazing places and attractions to visit within the surrounding area.
- Filey Bird Gardens
- Rock pooling at Filey Brigg
- Crazy golf in Filey
- Donkey rides on the beach in Filey
- Fish and chips, fresh donuts, ice cream and small amusement at Cobble Landing, Filey
- Filey Lifeboat Centre
- RSPB Bempton Cliffs - see the Puffins and all the incredible sea birds
- Flamborough Lighthouse
- Fossil Hunting on the beach
- Alpamare Waterpark in Scarborough
- Sea Life Centre in Scarborough
- Ten Pin Bowling in Scarborough
- The North Bay Miniature Railway and Peasholme Park in Scarborough
- John Bull’s Candy Kingdom in Bridlington
- Sewerby Hall and Gardens, near Bridlington
- Speedboat and pleasure cruises at both Bridlington and Scarborough
A little further afield:
- The North Yorkshire Moors Railway, including Goathland where Harry Potter was filmed
- Dalby Forest and ‘Go Ape’ – cycle and Segway hire available
- Eden Camp near York
- The Deep at Hull
- Flamingo Land
- Castle Howard near Malton
- Burton Agnes Hall and Gardens, Driffield
- The historic city of York including York Minster, Castle Museum, Jorvik Viking Centre, National Railway Museum and so much more...
- Robinn Hoods Bay
- Whitby, including it’s Gothic Abbey and award winning fish and chips
- Beverley with its beautiful Minster
- For further detail and to find out what other fantastic places you can explore visit
Things to do!
The Bay enjoys superb facilities and is renowned as one of the UK’s most vibrant and prestigious coastal holiday villages.
Built on the original Butlins holiday camp site, it is set within a beautiful parkland, with direct access to 6 miles of golden sandy beaches and a tranquil wild flower meadow with a lake full of wildlife. It offers a relaxed and peaceful setting whilst also providing lots of fun activities to keep all ages happy. With particular appeal to families, beach lovers, nature enthusiasts, bird watchers and ramblers ,The Bay Filey is the perfect holiday destination.
On site there is The John Paul Jones pub (with WiFi access), the Lorenzo Italian Restaurant and a Pharmacy which also sells a small selection of essentials.
A range of activities are on offer such as:
- An indoor heated pool
- A fully equipped gym
- A sauna and steam room
- Boules courts
- Splash inflatable assault course sessions*
- Swimming lessons*
- Splash pool parties*
- Gym classes*
- Beauty therapies and treatment room*
- Air rifle shooting*
- Crazy Karts*
- Table tennis*
- Fishing (rod licence required)*
- 9 hole putting course*
- Lake kayaking* (seasonal)
- Bike hire*
- Football pitch
- Snorkelling* and Seascooters*
- Tennis court and short tennis*
- Waterwalkerz* and Body Zorbs*
- Cross Bows*
- Aqua gliders*
Please note: * denotes charges apply